Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Boxing



That's going to hurt in the morning: Brutal knockout blow turns boxer's face to jelly

This brutal knockout blow turned a boxer's face to mush - making him look more like jelly than a prized jouster.

Tony Pietrantonio came crashing to the canvas in the 31st second of the third round following the devastating right-hander from fellow U.S. light heavyweight Lavarn Harvell.

Harvell, 23 - dubbed Baby Bowe because of his resemblance to former heavyweight champ Riddick Bowe - said: 'I felt that punch all the way up my shoulder and back, so I knew he wasn’t getting up.

'I was so excited that I did a little dance for the fans, but that was before I saw how badly he was hurt.'

Pietrantonio, who only agreed to Saturday's fight three days previously, was unconscious as he hit the Atlantic City, New Jersey floor.

Referee David Fields stopped the bout and ushered in doctors, but the bruised boxer soon sat up, climbed onto a stool and left the ring under his own steam.

Harvell added to pressofatlanticcity.com: 'I’ve fought at the Hall before, but it was in the ballroom upstairs. It was a pretty special feeling to fight in the main room in front of all those people.'

more @ http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2137260/Tony-Pietrantonios-face-turned-mush-brutal-knockout-blow.html?ICO=most_read_module

No comments: